Group 42 (Daidalus)
About the Company
Group 42 is on a mission to build the largest cloud in the UAE and to offer artificial intelligence capabilities. Group 42 is the holding company that houses several companies focused on different domains including healthcare, finance, oil and gas etc. Daidalus is a start-up within Group 42 and is the entity focused on the oil and gas sector. The objective of Daidalus is to leverage and deploy artificial intelligence in the oil and gas sector and to add value by increasing the oil production. It aims in providing an end-to-end solution by using its data, cloud and talent to develop artificial intelligence solutions that seek to reduce costs and enhance security. Daidalus is on a fast trajectory of growth, and in this capacity, several projects are on-going or nearing its completion phase with numerous more in the pipeline.
Daidalus embodies an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit that embraces challenges to push boundaries and seeks to welcome professionals to its team that share the desire to make meaningful and impactful contributions to its mission. Always on the cutting edge of technology, Daidalus provides its talent all the opportunities to thrive and excel. Working at Daidalus includes dealing with massive data sets, an AI infrastructure that is powered by the latest NVIDIA GPU cloud computing platform and access to limitless compute, storage and network resources.
- Act as an in-house reservoir engineering expert to ensure the accuracy of the Oil&Gas knowledge/physics implemented in our agents;
- Contribute to the solution design, usually in collaboration with other data scientists;
- Work closely with software engineers to implement the solutions in a programming environment;
- Be involved in the design and development of next generation software products for upstream Oil&Gas
- Extract, clean, audit and prepare data for analysis, relying on well-structured procedures and maintaining reproducibility of results;
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions and conduct exploratory data analysis;
- Analyze and judge the quality of data produced and proactively develop and implement solutions to data quality issues;
- Present and visualize interim and final results of analyses;
- Implement and test algorithms and techniques relevant to achieving project objectives;
- Maintain and develop, as needed, databases relevant to analytic solutions being developed;
- Translate business objectives into actionable analysis.
- sc or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning or relevant;
- Western educational qualification.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience, preferably in oil and gas;
- Experience in a leading oil & gas company or oil field company, such as Chevron, Total, Shell, BP, is a plus.
- Python, Docker, C/C++, Anaconda, Jupyter;
- Machine learning, data mining, deep learning, computer vision
Will candidates have visa support from the employer?
What documents required to get work permit visa?
|Passport and A visa, which the company would arrange.|
Highest diploma would be attested. This would be paid for by the company.
|The candidate would be flown in, get 21 days in a hotel. They would then have to arrange for accommodation. The candidate would get an annual ticket home. Relocation allowance is 10,000 AED. Housing allowance is included in the monthly salary.|
|Unlimited contract, unless specifically stated otherwise (happens very exceptionally). The vast majority is unlimited.|
|The company pays for the health insurance.|
|There is no income tax in the UAE. However, some countries may require their citizens to continue to pay taxes when working abroad (usually at a reduced rate). This as such depends on the laws and regulations of the country of origin. VAT in the UAE is 5%.|
|Depending on the grade, 30 to 42 paid holidays|
Below is some information to take into consideration with regards to moving to the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi and Dubai are home to countless of reputable universities including Sorbonne, NYU which both have campuses in Abu Dhabi. Other universities can find by the link below.|
|The UAE ranked the safest country in the world this year|
|The majority of the UAE population consists of expats. This melting pot is home to a high variety in nationalities and religions that live in harmony and respect with one another. As such, it is custom in the country to value and celebrate these diversities. It is what built the UAE.|
|The UAE is the hub of technological innovation in the region. Technology is embedded in the rulers’ vision for the country. The UAE is the first country in the world to appoint a Minister of Artificial Intelligence. Technology is also central to EXPO 2020.|
Quality of Life
|Due to high safety standards, low taxation and costs of living, high healthcare index and low property prices in relation to income, the standard of living in the UAE is high.|
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.