Group42 (EOS Cloud)
About the Company
EOS Cloud has built world class AI focused cloud platforms based in Abu Dhabi. EOS manages their cloud platform end to end, building intelligent data center facilities that are the best in the region in capabilities and density, as well as utilizing a best in breed cloud platform. EOS Cloud has also deployed thousands of AI enabling GPUs, one of the largest deployments in the world, allowing their engineers to develop and deploy machine learning solutions directly to their customers. EOS Cloud has the exclusive mandate to design, build, manage, and on sell capacity of all cloud services provided to the UAE government.
About the Role
We are looking for a Linux Operations Engineer who is responsible for the operational support maintenance of our cloud platform. The Linux Operations Engineer ensures maximum uptime of private and public clouds. He or she is also part of the escalation, issue triage and technical support processes. He or she will assist with prioritization of technical issues, escalations to engineering team, and coordinating resolutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environment with initial onboarding, upgrades and recovery;
- Follow production support processes to document day to day support activities, contribute to knowledge base and improve our overall accuracy and efficiency;
- Support our 24/7/365 always-up, always available production services;
- Identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of operations and IT processes.
- Minimum 5 years proven work experience as a Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment;
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented, customer-centric mindset;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Expert level experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, facilitating high-level engineering;
- Understanding of distributed storage systems such as, CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS and protocols like FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS etc.;
- You are knowledgeable of networks, routers, switches, firewalls with and deep understanding TCP/IP stack;
- Strong developments experience with shell, Python etc.;
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible;
- Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations and troubleshooting would be beneficial.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions
Will candidates have visa support from the employer?
What documents required to get work permit visa?
|Passport and A visa, which the company would arrange.|
Highest diploma would be attested. This would be paid for by the company.
|The candidate would be flown in, get 21 days in a hotel. They would then have to arrange for accommodation. The candidate would get an annual ticket home. Relocation allowance is 10,000 AED. Housing allowance is included in the monthly salary.|
|Unlimited contract, unless specifically stated otherwise (happens very exceptionally). The vast majority is unlimited.|
|The company pays for the health insurance.|
|There is no income tax in the UAE. However, some countries may require their citizens to continue to pay taxes when working abroad (usually at a reduced rate). This as such depends on the laws and regulations of the country of origin. VAT in the UAE is 5%.|
|Depending on the grade, 30 to 42 paid holidays|
Below is some information to take into consideration with regards to moving to the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi and Dubai are home to countless of reputable universities including Sorbonne, NYU which both have campuses in Abu Dhabi. Other universities can find by the link below.|
|The UAE ranked the safest country in the world this year|
|The majority of the UAE population consists of expats. This melting pot is home to a high variety in nationalities and religions that live in harmony and respect with one another. As such, it is custom in the country to value and celebrate these diversities. It is what built the UAE.|
|The UAE is the hub of technological innovation in the region. Technology is embedded in the rulers’ vision for the country. The UAE is the first country in the world to appoint a Minister of Artificial Intelligence. Technology is also central to EXPO 2020.|
Quality of Life
|Due to high safety standards, low taxation and costs of living, high healthcare index and low property prices in relation to income, the standard of living in the UAE is high.https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/country_result.jsp?country=United+Arab+Emirates|
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.