Working closely with various stakeholders across the business, the individual will be responsible for implementing innovative learning solutions that address organizational skills gaps and enable successful achievement of business objectives.
Director – Organisation Development & Talent Management
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Stakeholder Management & Training Needs Development
- Design a learning strategy through job analysis, performance reviews and regular consultation with Practice Lines, Business Heads and HRBPs.
- Partner with stakeholders in the region and internationally to implement innovative learning solutions (e.g., classroom, e-learning, and social networking tools), that address organizational skills gaps and enable successful achievement of business objectives.
- Development of a Skills/Technical Certification library outlining current and future technical requirements; manage & track certifications, renewal dates etc
- Develop learning paths for role categories – Technical/ Non-Technical/Leadership etc
- Develop & deliver effective induction, compliance, leadership development and other learning programmes;
Vendor & Partner Management
- Identify training service providers (UAE/International) to best meet business or individual requirements and develop strong working relationships with service providers.
- Drive L&D strategies within the organization in support of the above, working closely with Business Heads & HR Leaders to develop the annual training plan that provides training evaluation collation, high potential development & succession plan.
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- Keep up to date with developments in training within the Information Technology industry; research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
Training Records & Reporting
- Coordinate the end to end process relating to L&D activities including monthly reporting for key stakeholders and other reports as required.
- Set-up and maintain an accurate training record database for all internal and external programs.
- Define and track business impact metrics and ROI on training investments.
- Manage and contribute to the development and implementation of leadership framework and programs to support the development and retention of leadership & high potential talent in line with DM leadership competency frameworks and assessment criteria.
- Participate and provide expertise in activities related to coaching, mentoring and networking to meet Leadership Development targets and enable the successful fulfilment of business requirements.
- Review the outcome of Leadership Development Interventions and advise in assessing the effectiveness of the program through notable improvements in the leadership knowledge/ skill of program participants.
- Carry out surveys and recommend external parties and contractors who provide leading-edge leadership and top team effectiveness services in order to secure the right subject matter expertise for all assessments, coaching sessions.
- Ensure adherence to learning & development budget.
- Evaluate learning and development programs and costs against budget; assess return on investment.
Key Measures & Deliverables
- Organisation wide training needs assessment and IDP compliance
- Development of Learning Paths & Career Pathways – Technical/Non-Technical/Managerial;
- Leadership Development & Assessments
- Training Library & Catalog of learnings
- Enhanced skill levels (vs competency levels)
- LMS – Management & Reporting
Job Specification / Competency Required
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related field
Minimum Work Experience & Essential Knowledge
Minimum 8 years’ experience in L&D preferably within a technology industry with relevant certifications.
Skills (Technical & Non Technical)
- Experience conducting organizational level, program level, and individual level needs analysis to identify learning and development needs and target program development.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training to large groups of employees at all levels of the organization on a variety of professional development content areas.
- Must bring strategic perspective to training and development to effectively develop program curriculum, as well as individual programs.
- Experience in eLearning processes and technologies desirable.
- Superior communication and influencing skills are a must with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly both verbally and in writing with audiences at all levels.
- Exceptional project management skills, independent problem solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment are all qualities necessary to be successful in this position.
- Proven experience of building a tech development strategy within the IT industry would be a definite advantage.
- Number of direct reports: 1
Financial Management: Accountable for the development and management of L&D Budgets across DMG.
Nature of Interaction
Varied & diverse; across all levels within the organization; strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
Proven capabilities in managing complex projects; should demonstrate extreme attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage, often competing, priorities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for development, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and the ability to tackle ambiguity and process improvement.
Will candidates have visa support from the employer?
What documents required to get work permit visa?
|Passport and A visa, which the company would arrange.|
Highest diploma would be attested. This would be paid for by the company.
|The candidate would be flown in, get 21 days in a hotel. They would then have to arrange for accommodation. The candidate would get an annual ticket home. Relocation allowance is 10,000 AED. Housing allowance is included in the monthly salary.|
|Unlimited contract, unless specifically stated otherwise (happens very exceptionally). The vast majority is unlimited.|
|The company pays for the health insurance.|
|There is no income tax in the UAE. However, some countries may require their citizens to continue to pay taxes when working abroad (usually at a reduced rate). This as such depends on the laws and regulations of the country of origin. VAT in the UAE is 5%.|
|Depending on the grade, 30 to 42 paid holidays|
Below is some information to take into consideration with regards to moving to the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi and Dubai are home to countless of reputable universities including Sorbonne, NYU which both have campuses in Abu Dhabi. Other universities can find by the link below.|
|The UAE ranked the safest country in the world this year|
|The majority of the UAE population consists of expats. This melting pot is home to a high variety in nationalities and religions that live in harmony and respect with one another. As such, it is custom in the country to value and celebrate these diversities. It is what built the UAE.|
|The UAE is the hub of technological innovation in the region. Technology is embedded in the rulers’ vision for the country. The UAE is the first country in the world to appoint a Minister of Artificial Intelligence. Technology is also central to EXPO 2020.|
Quality of Life
|Due to high safety standards, low taxation and costs of living, high healthcare index and low property prices in relation to income, the standard of living in the UAE is high.|
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.